PRE-APPOINTMENT ASSESSMENT FORM
We are requiring all patients/parents/guardians to fill out the following form 2 days prior to their scheduled appointments. If this form is not completed prior to the scheduled appointment, your appointment will be cancelled. If you are a new patient to our practice, please remember to complete our patient registration form.
We are now open in accordance with CDC, OSHA, and the AAPD guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients. We want to make sure everyone entering our office is healthy and symptom free. In addition, we want to assure you of the measures we are taking to maintain a clean and safe environment, so you can continue to receive needed dental care. Typical treatment plans may change during this time, but you can visit our practice with confidence, knowing we are taking additional measures to provide for the safety of our patients, their families, and our team.
- Elevated infection control standards
Our infection control protocols are of the utmost importance. As strict as they have always been to keep our patients and team members safe, out of an abundance of caution, we have implemented changes in our practice and added additional precautions. These modifications go above and beyond mandates and requirements of official agencies.
- All treatment rooms are equipped with negative air pressure
- Preemptive Screenings
- Continued social distancing practices and additional precautions
- When you arrive at the parking lot, please call our office. Our office door will be locked. We will let you know when you are able to enter the office for your appointment.
- Everyone will be required to wear a mask prior to entering our office, including all patients and parents/guardians (except for children under 3 years of age). If you cannot wear a mask or face covering, we ask that a guardian who can wear a mask, bring the patient to the office, or reschedule the appointment for a future date.
- Only patients with appointments will be allowed to enter the office along with one parent or guardian.
- Everyone entering the office will have their temperature taken by a non-touch thermometer and asked to sanitize their hands.
- Our smile zone play room will be closed. We have also removed the toys and books from our waiting room so your child will be brought back to their assigned room upon check-in.
- We have spaced out and limited the chairs in our waiting room. They will be appropriately distanced for the parent/guardian to wait there during the appointments.
- We will be scheduling appointments in a manner that promotes social distancing and allows for adequate time for us to disinfect all areas of use in between patient appointments. This may result in fewer appointment options being offered when scheduling.
- We ask that you please be patient and understand that we will do our best to accommodate your scheduling needs as we know many of you are anxious to get back into our office.
- Adherence to standard sterile healthcare environment protocols
- Once the patient is seated in their individual room, our staff will proceed with a pre-procedural mouth rinse. This will either be performed as a rinse and spit or wiped in the patient’s mouth with a gauze, depending on the age/cooperation of the patient.
- Our doctors and team members will be wearing all of the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE) and exceeding those requirements. This includes a disposable full-length gown, disposable shoe covers, disposable hair cover, gloves, KN95 mask / N95 mask, surgical masks on top of those and face shields. You may not see our physical smiles, but rest assured we are happy to see you with all of these safety measures set in place!
With the expansion of our office, from three individual rooms, to six completed individual rooms; we have ample space to ensure our patients’ safety and comfort when coming to our office.
Our rooms are equipped with medical-grade HEPA and air filtration units and extra-oral suction units (as needed) to help improve the air quality in the area for all patients, family members, and staff.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep every patient, family member, and team member safe in our practice. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our existing patients and look forward to meeting our new families as well!