Your Safety Is Our Priority
We have been thrilled to be back at the office to see all our patients! We want to make sure everyone entering our office is healthy and symptom free. In addition, we want to assure you of the measures we are taking to maintain a clean and safe environment, so you can continue to receive needed dental care. Typical treatment plans may change during this time, but you can visit our practice with confidence, knowing we are taking additional measures to provide for the safety of our patients, their families, and our team. At Bala Kids Dentistry we have gone above and beyond the required safety standards.
ADVANCED SAFETY MEASURES IN OUR OFFICE:
- Hospital-grade negative pressure ventilation in every room
This technology does not allow the air entering the room to be recirculated to the rest of the office. Our systems are consistently exhausting air directly to the outside of the building, hence airborne contaminants are directed outward. This is a major office safety system to minimize exposure as much as possible to harmful contaminants including SARS-CoV2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Installation of duo air purifiers with advanced filtered air conditioning
Our HVAC system combines a high intensity ultraviolet (UVC) light with PRO-Cell and AirFresh technology, to reduce airborne germs without emitting ozone gas.
- Medical-grade H13 High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters
A high density HEPA filter that removes 99.9% of particles from the room.
- Powerful extraoral suction units with Ultra Low Particulate Air (ULPA) filtration
To remove droplets/particles and filter viruses, bacteria, potentially toxic vapors and microbiological contaminants away from the immediate area – a safety measure for the patients and our team.
- Portable UV light
UV light has proven in laboratory research that it is able to act as an effective disinfectant to kill microorganisms that can cause disease and infection. (Note: This UV light is only used when no one is in the room.)
- Strict sanitation protocols
Our dedicated team cleans every surface including counter tops, all operating room surfaces, door knobs and floors after every patient visit.
Elevated infection control standards
Our infection control protocols are of the utmost importance. As strict as they have always been to keep our patients and team members safe, out of an abundance of caution, we have implemented changes in our practice and added additional precautions. These modifications go above and beyond mandates and requirements of official agencies.
ADVANCED SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
What to expect the day of your visit
When you arrive at the parking lot, please call our office. Our office door will be locked. We will let you know when you are able to enter the office for your appointment.
Everyone will be required to wear a mask prior to entering our office, including all patients and parents/guardians (except for children under 3 years of age). If you cannot wear a mask or face covering, we ask that a guardian who can wear a mask, bring the patient to the office, or reschedule the appointment for a future date.
Only patients with appointments will be allowed to enter the office along with one parent or guardian.
Everyone entering the office will have their temperature taken by a non-touch thermometer and asked to sanitize their hands.
Our smile zone play room will be closed. We have also removed the toys and books from our waiting room so your child will be brought back to their assigned room upon check-in.
We have spaced out and limited the chairs in our waiting room. They will be appropriately distanced for the parent/guardian to wait there during the appointments.
We will be scheduling appointments in a manner that promotes social distancing and allows for adequate time for us to disinfect all areas of use in between patient appointments. This may result in fewer appointment options being offered when scheduling.
- Due to our advanced filtration systems, our office may be colder. Therefore, please plan accordingly to feel more comfortable.
We ask that you please be patient and understand that we will do our best to accommodate your scheduling needs as we know many of you are anxious to get back into our office.
- Adherence to standard sterile healthcare environment protocols
- Once the patient is seated in their individual room, our staff will proceed with a pre-procedural mouth rinse. This will either be performed as a rinse and spit or wiped in the patient’s mouth with a gauze, depending on the age/cooperation of the patient.
- Our doctors and team members will be wearing all of the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE) and exceeding those requirements. This includes a disposable full-length gown, disposable shoe covers, disposable hair cover, gloves, KN95 mask / N95 mask, surgical masks on top of those and face shields. You may not see our physical smiles, but rest assured we are happy to see you with all of these safety measures set in place!
With the expansion of our office, from three individual rooms, to six completed individual rooms; we have ample space to ensure our patients’ safety and comfort when coming to our office.
Our rooms are equipped with medical-grade HEPA and air filtration units and extra-oral suction units (as needed) to help improve the air quality in the area for all patients, family members, and staff.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep every patient, family member, and team member safe in our practice. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our existing patients and look forward to meeting our new families as well!