Teledentistry is Available Now!
During this challenging time, virtual communication is the best care we can offer under these circumstances. We are proud to announce the implementation of teledentistry consultations with Bala Kids Dentistry. Teledentistry refers to the use of telehealth systems and methodologies in dentistry. Telehealth refers to a broad variety of technologies and tactics to deliver virtual medical, health, and educational services. Teledentistry can include patient care, consultation, remote examination, and education delivery using, but not limited to, the following modalities.
- Patient medical/ dental records
- Dental images/clinical pictures and medical images
- Live two-way audio and video
- Output data from medical devices and sound and video files
Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.
Please note the following:
If you are a new patient: Please complete the patient registration form found online at our website www.BalaKidsDentistry.com
- You MUST read the BKD Teledentistry Consent Form found on our website and provide e-mail, text, or verbal consent for the teledentistry appointment to proceed.
- Review the document that will be provided to you to prepare for your teledentistry consultation. This includes necessary paperwork, images requested and questions to have prepared before your appointment.
- Currently, there is no set standard for insurance carriers regarding teledentistry. You will need to review your own policy. The teledentistry codes are D9995 and D9996. The evaluation code is: D0140. Depending on your child’s specific needs, there may be an alternate code.
- Teledentistry visits are being scheduled on a case by case basis. Please call our office at 610-DENTIST to schedule your consultation.
- We are currently using Doxy.me. You will be sent a link to your email address on file or a text to your phone, please click on it at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. You may be put into our “virtual waiting room.” Please stay by your phone or computer and please be patient.
Please note: Bala Kids Dentistry calls may come from blocked numbers (“No Caller ID”), since we are working remotely. If you reach our answering machine, please leave a detailed message and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.
Oral Health Guidance During This Time
As dental providers, we want to remind everyone to be extremely mindful of the amount and types of snacks and sugar containing-liquids that you and your children are consuming throughout the day. Please continue to brush twice a day while at home with fluoridated toothpaste and floss once per day recommended for everyone in the household. Please be conscious to try to avoid activities that would create dental related injuries. We want to limit dental emergencies as much as possible for everyone’s overall health and well-being.
We will continue to share additional information and updates as they arise. Again, we thank you for everything you are doing, especially by staying home, to make a difference during this time. Please continue to smile and brighten the day of the people around you or remotely!
Please be sure to click on all links below before your teledentistry consultation.